Week #4 - Recap



The Nanaimo Timbermen and Westshore Bears clashed at the Nanaimo Ice Centre in front of a good 200 fans on Wednesday evening. The T-Men jumped out to an early 2-0 lead but the Bears weathered the storm and climbed back in to the match and took a 3-2 lead. Nanaimo tied it up with just over 3 minutes to go in the frame but then Westshore went on a 3 goal run. Frustrated, the Timbermen then get in to penalty trouble to end the first with the Bears up 6-3.

The second period, the Timbermen only got scratched for one goal during their time in the penalty box stemming from the first period and battled back and forth with the Bears in what was an exciting period to watch. The Bears did win the period 4-2 but the action was entertaining.

The Bears all game provided a balanced attack and slowly pulled away in the third. Nanaimo was led by Julian Johnny and Gordie Walls-Good and leading the way for Westshore was Coulombe, Holler, Preston and Cardinal.



The Oceanside Sharks traveled back down to Colwood to the "Cave" to have a rematch with the Westshore Bears, but they were unceremoniously welcomed to the Q Centre Arena.

Coulombe, Holler, Cardinal and Perrier led the way offensively for the Bears and Sohi got the win between the pipes. Vickers got the single for the Sharks and assists going to Shafi and D. Fyfe.



The Oceanside Sharks finally get to host their home opener in the friendly confines of Oceanside Place, to face the Nanaimo Timbermen. The Sharks making their PNWJLL B2 presence at home in front of approximately 250 fans did not disappoint their lacrosse faithfuls.

Nanaimo's Walls-Good struck early on his first shift and Nick Sexton scored again about 4 minutes later but it didn't phase the Sharks. The home crowd erupted when Stirling McCollough ripped the twine on the PP at 13:39 to make the score 2-1. Back and forth play ensued with Oceanside tying the game, and then going down by 1 twice in the first period. The period ended with the hometown crowd happy that their Sharks were tied 4-4.

The second period started with an early goal by Nanaimo's McMahon-Point but then it seemed that both teams lost focus and each squad sent players to the sin bin; resembling that of members of the public waiting to buy a ticket for the New York City subway system. Once the period wore on and resemblance of control was made, Nanaimo slowly pulled away in the middle of the stanza and won the period 5-1.

The third period was much better and was like the first period where each team did score 4 goals apiece and the action was end to end. Fans from both teams were applauding the action as the Sharks chomped back goal by goal to make the deficit and 11-9 score but with 3:18 left in the period and the Sharks on the PP, Nanaimo falls a tree on Oceanside's hopes of coming closer with a shorthanded goal. They add one more with just over a minute to play to seal the deal.