Week #3 - Recap



The Campbell River Ravens hosted the Nanaimo Timbermen on Tuesday May 7th at 8:00pm at the Strathcona Gardens Arena. Both teams fought hard with neither team giving way in the back and forth first period. The Ravens took a 3-2 lead going in to the first intermission.

The second period, the Timbermen swung their axes for 5 goals in the period to the Ravens 3; taking a 7-6 second period lead into the final intermission. But penalty trouble got the best of the Axemen this day and the hometown Ravens soared in the third period burying 6 goals and taking the game in front of a very happy Campbell River crowd.

The Timbermen were led by Gordie Walls-Good (2 goals, 2 assists), Alex Hurren (2 goals, 1 assist) and Bryce Taylor (2 goals). The big shooters of the night for Campbell River was Kyle Robertson (3 goals), Heydon Campbell notched (1 goal, 4 assists), Blake Doherty and Zach Lontayao each got (2 goals, 1 assist) to lead the Ravens in their victory.



The Nanaimo Timbermen faced the Saanich Express at home, an evening after being in Campbell River; looking for the same start to this game that they had against the Ravens. The home team had the displeasure of running in to the hot stick of Luke Violini of the Express in the first period. The second period was similar to the first and it wasn't until the third period where Nanaimo was able to slow the Express train down and mounted a bit of a comeback. The third period ended 2-2 and the home club looked to take control for most of it.

Gordie Walls-Good led the Timbermen with (5 goals, 1 assist) and Will Hawthornthwaite (1 goal, 2 assists) and Alex Hurren (2 assists) followed his lead. The Railmen were lead by Luke Violini (5 goals, 1 assist) and Jonny Harmsworth (2 goals, 4 assists), Mason Lo (3 goals, 2 assists), Mike Johansen (2 goals, 2 assists) and Zack Dhillon (1 goal, 3 assists).



The Westshore Bears welcomed the newest Pacific Northwest Junior Lacrosse League team to the Cave on Thursday May 9th; the Oceanside Sharks. After introductions, the courtesies were completed and the Sharks didn't have their land legs to start their first game of the season. Westshore opened up a wide lead in the first two periods, never letting the visitors in to the match.

A few positives out of the game for the Sharks... they did control the ball for over half of the third period and took the small victory of winning the deciding period 3-2. Oceanside was led by Michael Stewart (2 goals), Clayton Vickers (1 goal, 1 assist) and Michael Shepherd (2 assists). Leading the Bears were Hayden Ash (4 goals, 3 assists), Brandon Coulombe (1 goal, 3 assists) and Jarrett Blaase (3 goals, 1 assist).